How does the process work? What can I expect?
The job will be done in stages.
1. Estimate - After finding out what your needs are, we submit an estimate (proposal) outlining the fees and specifics of your design project. The estimate will also include estimated turn around times and payment schedules. Once the estimate is accepted, the design phase begins.
2. Design Phase – We discuss your needs and style preferences if you have any. Several representative pages are created in two different styles. This is the phase where all the creativity happens as we home in of the right look for your project. We shop for art and images if needed, choose typefaces, and develop a well-styled, manageable layout. We present design ideas in pdf form (comps) and you pick a direction. We tweak the design until it is to your liking.
3. Production - After these first pages are approved, the remaining pages are assembled using your proofread, finalized text. For print jobs, we will provide pdfs for you to review, for web jobs we will set up a test site. Author’s alterations (AAs) done after we format your final text are charged for.
4. Proofreading - The client is responsible for final proofreading and sign-off on the job.
5. FINISHED! When you approve these final documents, your website is loaded onto your server or your job is printed.
What if I don't like the design?
We tweak the design until you like it. If design concepts continue to be off, that means there has been a communication breakdown. If things cannot be rectified, the job can be cancelled for a small percentage of the agreed upon price (a kill fee), reflecting a fair charge for work done.
How long will it take?
You want to start the ball rolling at least three months ahead of time for most print projects, the sooner you start, the better! Your estimate will include standard turn-around times, which will vary depending on the size and complexity of your project. Agenda Graphics can only know how long it will take us to do the work, we cannot predict how long it will take a client to supply text, assets or feedback. If your company has a long list of people who need to weigh in on the project, you will need to give yourself more time!
Who arranges for the printing? The mailing?
We can recommend a good printer and mailing service or you may use your own. We will provide any print-ready files that the printer requires. Printing is not included in the price and will be billed separately by the printer.
Who makes arrangements for the domain? What about routine updates?
If you already have a domain, we can work with that, or we can help you set one up. If you already have a technician, we can work with them, or we can do updates and revisions for an agreed-upon fee. OR we can help you set up a site or email marketing template using a service that you can update yourself (like SquareSpace or MailChimp).
Will I be charged for changes?
Changes are welcome during the design phase. However, once your final text is laid into a live document, changes are charged at an hourly rate.
How much does it cost?
This is the question everyone asks, with the answer no one wants to hear! Graphic design is more like couture than ready-to-wear--you can’t just pick something off a rack!
Our clients are never surprised by our bills!
How can I get a free estimate?
Call Karen Rolnick at 917-971-9679 or email